The greatest piece of information I received after my salvation through Jesus Christ, is that our human psyche consists of three parts: Body, Soul and Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:23).
When we pass from this life, our body turns to dust in the grave, but our spirit and soul immediately go to our eternal destination – either heaven or hell (John 3:18; 2 Corinthians 5:8).
When Christ returns, our immortal body will rise from the grave and reunite with our soul and spirit (1 Corinthians 15:12-17). Until then, we do the work of God’s Kingdom, which He calls us to perform (Ephesians 2:10).
When darkness descends on the earth, the light of God’s glory in Christ will come pouring in (Psalm 112:4, NLT; 2 Corinthians 4:6; John 8:12). God made us the light of the world through Christ in us (Matthew 5:14-15).
He sets us on a hill, so our light shines as a witness to others of the reality of Christ, and as a beacon for all the world to see.
We share our testimony in three easy sentences:
- What my life was like prior to salvation.
- How I found out about Jesus
- What my life is like since Jesus came to abide in me by His Spirit.
- I was an insecure, melancholy person with many fears and questions about my future.
- A girl in my college yearbook class told me about Jesus and the Roman’s Road to salvation – verses in the book of Romans.
- God’s love, joy and peace flooded my life since then, and my fears and melancholy idiosyncrasies have diminished more each year.
Father God, thank You for entrusting us with Your gospel and giving us divine appointments to share the truth of salvation with anyone who will listen. We enjoy being vessels of honor who carry Your Emmanuel presence in our spirit.
We look forward to living in our glorified body and dwelling in Your presence for eternity. Thank You for not saving us and leaving us alone and unguided on this earth. We find our faith in your Son and Your truth in Your Word for our daily inspiration and direction.
Thought for the Day:
As we live in submission to God’s Spirit, He teaches us to lean on Him, trust in Him and witness through Him as He fills us with His fruit to replace the negative aspects of our personality.